Many thanks to my fat jellyfish for the awesome Fotos! Fotos by: Frederic Sapart
I could hardly wait for this day and then? I missed it. And anyone who wants to hastily congratulate me, thank you…I will give my best to be equally awesome the next 12 month. But today it’s actually not about me because my blog gets one year old…was getting. On the 7th of february, strictly speaking. First my University turned everything upside down, and then the balloon that didn’t look like a pink „1“ but more like a seasick fat worm! THIS I couldn’t possibly take a photograph of.
So the days elapsed and finally, finally, finally I was able to photograph my birthday look. Ok, maybe I also chickened out a bit. I am very superstitious, plus I weep very easily, and I mean VERY easily. If a shooting doesn’t run how I want it, I start to cry on the spot, no matter who watches me making a scene. And also on this shooting my “fette Qualle” had to hear me complain about feeling uncomfortable, which he answered with subtle eye-rolling.
We are a good team! Especially because he ignores all my little ouchies and because he pushes the camera trigger exactly between my constant whining. So at least the resulting images don’t have my plaintive crumpled face on them.
I just can’t handle balloons, because after exactly five shots this thing lashed into a puddle, and then soaking wet into my face (what significantly raised my mood…not), and after that against the locations wall, which caused a rip and loss of air. Great! The wind was so heavy, my sweet little Minnie nearly choked me to death. This is what happens when you’re to stupid to hold aballoon. Nonetheless, I can say that the last year was one of the most beautiful years of my life. And if you believe it or not, it’s mainly because of my blog. I experienced so much and I travelled a lot. My hobby not only became my profession, it became my biggest passion. I’m looking forward to everything and everyone along the way and I hope YOU will accompany me the next 12 month.
*thank you so much fat jellyfish for the amazing pictures!!
* Photos: by Frédéric Sapart
Cat Walk, the most fashionable Cat.
Find him on INSTAGRAM.
Today you read 10 things, which only real cat-mommys understand. Can you relate to this or am I the only crazy one around here?
Btw: I plan to film more tutorial videos, in which I explain and SHOW some special cat content. For example, how to walk on leash with your cat (outside). I get so many requests on this topic and it really isn’t impossible with patience and some routine. What do you think? Do you want these videos?
1. When I leave the house and say goodbye to my cat: „Take care, baby. Keep out of mischief. Don’t miss your momma too much, I’ll be back as soon as possible. I love you, hun.“ When I say goodboy to my boyfriend: „Bye!“
2. While other fashion bloggers get all these super trendy gucci loafers or Chanel bags, I spend my entire salary on cat stuff, mostly toys and super expensive snacks. And I bet, just in case, chanel would invent a cat tree, I swear my cat would get its Chanel-Piece even before I will get something.
3. Can I bring my cat? Either this place is cat friendly or we won’t come. There is no between! You think I leave my cat at home alone? No! My parents invited us for sunday brunch last weekend. Was I expected to bring my cat? No. Did I bring my cat? Yes.
4. Do you also have this invisible border in bed? Don’t you dare to steal my pillow. I mean, I love my boyfriend but I will defend what is mine. Most of all at nights, when it is on my side of the bed. In need I will pummel you. But when its about the little tiger – I’ll share EVERYTHING! Oh so you need my entire pillow AND my side of the bed? No problem I can sleep on the ground. Who cares about back pain or not enough sleep. At least the cat, a nocturnal animal (!), slept well.
5. Look Mommy- I caught a Mouse! The cat is and will always be a hunter. And that’s why I gave the oldschool wire mouse up…or wires in general. Or everything that gets warm and tends to be a potential sleeping berth.
6. Dogs have owners – Cats have staff. When I spend too much time in the supermarket, I get literally shouted at already in the corridor. The same thing, when it takes to long, to put the cat food into the feeding dish. And even worse – when I dare to call the little tiger without having some snacks for him. Cat: „Which part of MEOW didn’t you understand?“
7. Big brother – the cat is watching you! You’ll have to get used to no longer have any privacy. There is always a fluffy thing starring at you. No matter if you take a shower, or while you eat. The worst thing is, when you wake up in the middle of the night and there is a pair of big eyes starring into yours, just millimeters away from you face.
8. Drawers? Who the hells needs drawers! We glued all drawers without exception, because SOMEBODY used to plunder them. Closets became nesting places, microwaves became hideouts and even the toolbox is interesting. And don’t forget bengal cats can jump effortless from the floor up to your highest shelf. My plants by the way grow in the cupboard. In the glued cupboard.
9. „I didn’t know, he only had one life.“ That’s what I think reaaaally often. For example when he starts to hunt my feet in the middle of the night and decides to follow them mercilessly under the blanket. Or when he crests the highest shelf and jumps on me. Or when he from nowhere starts to race through the flat and throws you and everything in his way over. And the best thing is, when he decides to sit on your face….while you’re sleeping… „Oh wow, this sleeping breth is so comfy: Why did you buy all those super expensive beds for cats again?“
10. The reason why you wake up every morning with a smile and you are excited for the day. No matter if its monday morning or a lame, cold winterday. I love you so much.
Who follows me on Snapchat (theamelyrose) get his daily dose of cuteness and #catcontent.
But also my Blog got filled with pleasant anticipation. For more a less a month this little tiger lives at our place and since than my live changed. Now these four paws are in the center of everything and it’s about time, that this fluffy bear appears on my Blog.
There will be a CATURDAY every wednesday (or thursday). Whether some DIY cat snacks, what to do in case of (…), the favorite cattoys or cute cat pictures.
What is the first thing, that comes in your mind, when you think about Fashion, the fashion capitals, fashionistas? Of course, the Catwalk!
Since I live in a village, after I moved out of the big city „Cologne“ I also absent myself from the fashion capitals and the (fashion) boards that mean the world. That’s why I „created“ my own and have my own cute, little Cat Walk at my place. May I introduce – my cat Cat Walk.
A kitten moves in:
Cat Walk was born 16.4.
And the story behind is at cute as this little boy. Since I knew, that I will leave the big City Cologne and will move to the country side with my fat jellyfishand live in an enormously big flat, it was as if the univers was yelling at me.
My bigest wish was, to call a cute kitten my own and finally, finally I had the perfect place for him, for us, for my little 3-headed family. So I started the search and ended after 7 months – unsuccessful.
I knew every breeder in North Rhine-Westphalia, the biggest state in germany – the state I live.
I saw sick kitten, arrogant breeder and those who only try to make money, lengthy waiting lists and most of the time I felt the „no, this isn’t MY cat“-feeling. I went from door-to-to, visited every Webpage, unsuccessful.
One day I my nerves were frazzled, for too many times I fell in love with a cat, for too many times I looked forward to a new fluffy family member and too many times I got disappointed.
That’s why I stopped looking for a cat.
Until – weeks later, the fat jellyfish confronted me a last time with the idea of a cute little kitten. So I turned on my laptop and promised myself to look for a kitten for the last time. When I get disappointed again, I will never ever again look for one and accept it.
And in the middle of my thoughts I saw an announcement of a young breed that went online, just minutes before I turned my laptop on. An announcement that changed my life. A handful of cute, little bengal kitten and i directly fell in love with one.
The fluffy boy I fell in love with, lived 5-6 hours away from us.
I mailed the breeder with a screenshot of that ONE kitten I fell in love with and within those minutes I established such an heartfelt relationship to that animal, that I was to afraid to read the answer (of the breeder)…
But yes, I was the first person asking for those kitten and a few hours later we drove 6 hours just to visit our fluffy babe. At least than we both knew, that we want…NEED him!
We had to wait one month, that seemed to never end. And than we were again on our way up to the north of germany. During the waiting time I bought everything (and I truely mean EVERYTHING a cat cought possibly use, need or was for a cat, srl. I spent my entire money just on cattoys, food and stuff) for the cat, redecorated the flat and made it more and more a cat-home. So far….
Cat Walk is my baby for a month now and I can’t imagine, to live even one day without him.
The breed – bengal cat:
I decided to buy a bengal cat. Why? I wanted a cheerful cat, that is activ and playful lifelong. Basicaly a kitten for life. As a Blogger I live and work at the same place, and rarely leave the house, the good thing is- I don’t haveto get dressed up and can work while staying in bed. The bad thing – I don’t have the typical „8 hourse working period“ and mostly I work 12 hourse or even longer and have no private life. I needed a cat that forces me to stop working, take a break…and play.
At the same time I also wanted a cuddly animal. Ok, this part isn’t really working yet.
Cuddling-time is between 6-7 o’clock…in the morning! But this is a good reason to wake up.
Furthermore I love how stubborn bengal cats are. Ok most of the time I am more like „seriously?“
Another positive feauter is, that the bengal cat is more like a dog. This breed truely NEEDS a family, other cats and playmates. In my case the best choise, because we are already planing a family and become mommy and daddy (not only cat-mommy and cat-daddy).
And last but not least – bengal cats are so beautiful!
The Bengal cat is a really young breed and people started to breed this cat in the 60s.
It’s a hybrid of an asian leopard cat and a shorthair pedigree cat.
The trim, mesomorphic physique is characteristic.
Most people fell in love with the leopard-look, because „actually“ the bengal cathas beautiful dots/ rosettes. The fur color can be brown (the most common color), black,silver and snow (white).
The next difference is the fur pattern – spotted Tabby are the typical bengal cat, that look like size O leopards. They have amazing rosettes. The size of the „dots“ varied, smal dots or big spots that ideally are mutlicoloured (a dark fringe and a light center). But also the form of the spots is different, real circles or arrowhead-spots.
Our big boy is marbled Tabby.
This is a literally marbled-look. Cat Walk has 3-4 color shades and therefore he looks really contrasty.
Although the spotted tabby is the most expensive „version“ of the bengal cat, I prefere the marble looking cats. And I was mainly looking for a brown, marbled tabby. But sometimes I feel like, the Bengal cat’s look keeps up with fashions. Last year I only found snow (white) kitten and know I primarily see black or grey ones.
Of course there are many more visual differences.
Nevertheless you fall in love with the unique character of a bengal cat.
And they truelly are unique, mine loves to sing. He hides in room with a great echo and meows as laut as he can in different ways. True caterwauling!
Or he sits in front of the door, when he hears our steps in the floor and starts „telling“ usabout his day. And he sleeps in my bed. Yes, we share one bed, one pillow and one blanket and fall asleep arm in paw.
This is the story of the little Cat Walk.
I hope you love him as much as we do.
*thank you so much fat jellyfish for the amazing…
May I introduce, Cat Walk the most fashionable Cat. FOLLOW…
* Photos: by Frédéric Sapart WHAT I WEAR: Jacket: Lazy…
*thank you so much fat jellyfish for the amazing pictures!!…